My video is buffering
My video frequently buffers on my computer. What can I do?
- Wellbeats requires a solid Internet connection in order to stream video. If video frequently buffers when playing videos at portal.wellbeats.com, try these steps:
Step 1: Check your wireless signal strength
If you’re using a wireless network, check the wireless signal strength on your computer. If you have a weak wireless signal (one or two signal bars), look online for ways to strengthen the wireless signal (i.e. moving your computer closer to your wireless router).
Step 2: Check the speed of your Internet connection
Check the speed of your Internet connection by using an online site such as speakeasy.net/speedtest. A high-speed connection with a minimum download speed of 3 Mbps is needed to stream videos. If you find that your download speed is less than 3 Mbps, contact your Internet provider for help.
Step 3: Power cycle your computer and network devices
Try power cycling your computer and network devices:
1. Close all apps and then turn off your computer.
2. Unplug the power cord from your network devices (i.e., modem and router).
3. Plugin your network devices one at a time, letting each device power up before connecting the next (start with the modem first).
4. Turn on your computer and go to portal.wellbeats.com.
5. Try playing a class.
Step 4: Try a wired connection
Try connecting your connected TV device, game console, or computer to your home network using an Ethernet cable.
The steps above typically resolve issues with your Internet connection. However, if you continually experience frequent buffering when streaming video, you might want to investigate further by monitoring fluctuations in your connection speed over time and working with your broadband provider to troubleshoot any issues.