Status: Full Time, Salary – User Experience Designer
Wellbeats pioneered the virtual group fitness category and is a leading provider of technology enabled wellness programming for facilities of all kinds. We are passionate advocates for health and wellness and get excited about enabling our B2B customers to better serve the needs of their diverse client base. Our top customers include the leading Fitness brands (Anytime Fitness, In Shape, Retro Fitness, etc), forward thinking corporations (Intel, LinkedIn, Google, Zappos, etc.), and the United States Military. A two-time recipient of the Inc. 500 award (America’s fastest growing private companies) Wellbeats is a fast growing, high energy, and exciting place to work. Health and Wellness is a great lifestyle industry and at Wellbeats we have the privilege to live the lifestyle and enable others to do the same.
Our company values are important to us. We are looking for team players that exhibit the following core values:
- Passion- Operate with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- Authenticity- Deliver genuine experiences that foster meaningful connections
- Integrity- Commit and execute with honesty, credibility and reliability
- Innovation- Continue to lead health and fitness industry in ways to engage more people
- Collaboration- Work together as a TEAM to meet our clients’ and business’ objectives
Wellbeats seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join our fast-paced group. As a User Experience Designer, you will have a strong attention to detail throughout the lifecycle of a project, and conduct quality assurance to ensure final product meets UX standards. You will be responsible for creating UX deliverables for our customer-facing applications.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have strong visual design skills, you incorporate good UX practice, you can project manage and quickly prioritize on your own, and you enjoy creating highly visible work. The UX Designer will conceptualize innovative solutions, create user experience specifications, workflows and mockups, and provide expert evaluation of intangibles as well as develop well-crafted design artifacts. The expectation is that you should be able to evangelize your ideas and provide leadership for the overall design vision and execution of your products. This role is expected to make significant contributions to organizational objectives directly affecting the user experience and our products.
- Collaborates with Product Management, Business, and Engineering to conceptualize new products and improve existing solutions.
- Creates innovative design solutions to solve customer problems on desktop and mobile applications.
- Creates user experience wireframes, specifications, mockups, and interactive prototypes in line with business and IT requirements.
- Creates high fidelity visual documentation with annotations and assets.
- Performs user interviews and usability session with select customers/end-users.
- Transforms and applies data gathered through user experience testing and marketing.
- Present UX work and findings to a variety of audiences, including business product owners, IT resources, and senior leaders and customer representatives.
- Proactively learn about Wellbeats’ business, culture and customer segments.
- Works with the other members of the design team and the Product Management organization to define and evolve Wellbeats’ design process.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in user experience design, preferably for B2C (web and mobile)
- Experience designing compelling, user-centered solutions
- Experience with creating/building UX pattern libraries
- Ability to translate business requirements and strategy documents into simple, concise and compelling solutions.
- Comfortable working within existing design systems.
- Experience translating design ideas to consumable deliverables for engineers
- Knowledge of user experience best-practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in user experience, graphic design, marketing, human factors or similar
- Experience delivering digital solutions to a variety of industries
- Ability to multi-task and manage several tasks simultaneously while working both independently and in group environments.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Portfolio required for submission (online or PDF is acceptable)
- Portfolio must include user flows, wireframes and visual designs
- Front-end development experience
- Fitness and Wellness industry experience
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay with bonus plans. We also offer a flexible paid time off plan including fifteen days of PTO during the first full year of employment and increasing one day per year up to 25 days, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision benefits, and many other employee perks and benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.