Wellbeats expands its nutrition and mindfulness content with the release of 13 new on-demand classes. The latest June release includes:
- New delicious recipes including Chickpea Broccoli Goat Cheese Skillet, Tomato Cucumber Salad, Beauty Smoothie Bowl, and Garlic Chicken Pasta with Veggies
- Nutrition education videos including the difference between butter and margarine and healthy drink options
- Mindfulness and mindful eating exercises
- and much more!
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s new:
1. Beauty Smoothie Bowl | 2 minutes
The Beauty Smoothie Bowl is filled with antioxidants, fiber, potassium, iron, and folate – which are a perfect combination to leave you energized and ready for the day! Top it off with pumpkin seeds, dried mulberries, or cacao nibs for the finishing touch.
2. Hydrating Foods | 8 minutes
Looking for additional ways to stay hydrated? Chef Marshall explores how food can be a key source of hydration as he prepares a refreshing Tomato Cucumber Salad.
3. Butter vs. Margarine | 2 minutes
As the name implies, this class is all about the differences between butter and margarine, cow vs. chemistry, and why one is considered a healthy fat. Join Chef Marshall as he breaks it all down and identifies the best choice.
Nutrition Education, Cooking Education
4. What’s Hiding in Your Food | 11 minutes
Packaged meals might be quick and easy – but what’s exactly in it? Chef Marshall is joined by Olympian runner Carrie Tollefson to talk through how to make a chicken garlic pasta from scratch and keep it just as simple.
Nutrition Education, Cooking Education, Recipe
5. Beverages – Demystifying Drinks | 4 minutes
It’s not just about the food you eat! Join Katie as she reveals the surprising ingredients in many popular beverages, as well as healthy alternatives and recommendations to swap for instead.
6. Chickpea Broccoli Goat Cheese Skillet | 2 minutes
Gut health is a key factor in our overall wellbeing. This one-pan skillet is the perfect combination of the prebiotics, fiber, and spices you need to improve your gut health and ensure you are at your best!
7. Chicken Pesto & Rice | 2 minutes
Looking to fuel your next run or workout? The Chicken Pesto and Rice Recipe has the protein you need to maintain muscle mass and feel full longer.
8. Cardamom Ginger Quinoa Bowl | 2 minutes
Need a new breakfast idea? Spice it up with this simple Cardamom Ginger Quinoa Bowl!
9. Broiled Salmon w/ Turmeric Coconut Rice | 2 minutes
Looking for ways to fight back inflammation? This recipe is full of Omega-3 fatty acids and anti-inflammatory spices such as garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Follow along as you prepare a healthy, nutritious meal everyone is sure to enjoy.
10. Mindfulness 101 | 25 minutes
New to mindfulness? In this Q&A, Mark interviews certified meditation teacher and mindfulness educator Lacey Melguizo. Learn how to be more present, recommended exercises and tips for getting started, and all the benefits of practicing mindfulness.
11. Mindful Eating 101 | 25 minutes
What is mindful eating? In this Q&A, Mark interviews nutrition expert Dr. Kim Waters. Dr. Kim shares the importance of mindful eating and her top tips and exercises to help take control of our eating habits.
Mindfulness, Nutrition, Q&A
12. Healthy Herbs & Spices | 20 minutes
Ready to spice up your next meal? Mark interviews Chef Hearn for recommendations on healthy, immune-boosting spices and herbs to include in your dishes.
13. Mindful Breathing | 8 minutes
Need a quick break in the day? Slow it down in this short, mindful breathing exercise. Mark will guide you through each breath to help increase focus and relaxation.
Want more ways to stay connected? Join us for LIVE workouts and exclusive Q&As on our Facebook page!
Try out a new class today by downloading the Wellbeats app on iOS, Windows, or Android, website portal, or Apple TV. Streaming access available to users of an employer or affiliated organization offering Wellbeats as a fitness benefit. If you’re interested in offering Wellbeats to your community, please fill out our Contact Form.