It’s almost the New Year! Which means it’s time to set new goals that may or may not actually stick…
…But if we told you that you were 42% more likely to achieve your goal with one simple tip?*
The tip: write it down.
Or in this case, add your workout goal to Wellbeats!
Not sure what to add? Here are 5 tips to consider when choosing your workout goal:
1. Keep it as specific as possible. You want to be very clear and precise on what you are trying to accomplish – so you don’t try to draw excuses later if you aren’t meeting your goal.
2. Make it challenging, but achievable. If you’ve never run in your entire life, now might not be a good time to try a marathon. Make it something that will allow you to grow… without discouraging you in the process (or cause injury).
3. Set your goal for 30 days. Yup, you heard us right. This will allow enough time to see some significant changes, but short enough for you to actually take action.
4. Share it with a friend, spouse, or family member… and allow them to check in with you each week to see how you’re progressing. Hello, accountability.
5. Don’t overthink it. You want to set a goal today so you can start taking the necessary steps to complete it ASAP. There is always room to tweak and grow, but you’ll never accomplish anything if you spend too much time trying to craft that “perfect goal”.
Now that you know how to add your workout goal and what to do to make it happen, let’s hear what you got! Screenshot your workout goal and upload it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #Wellbeats for a chance to win free swag.
-The Wellbeats Team
*Statistic included in a study by Dr. Gail Matthews via The Psychology Research Unit of Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) in 2015.